The sculpture of Apollo served by the Nymphs is composed of seven figures. It was created between 1667 and 1675 by the sculptors François Girardon and Thomas Regnaudin.
0 item in stock items in stock
Last product in stock!
|Artist||François Girardon, Thomas Regnaudin|
|Number of pages||95|
|Language||Bilingue Français / English|
|Dimensions||215 x 240|
Originally intended to be placed in the Tethys grotto, a structure overlooking the gardens, formerly located near the Chapel, this work is one of Louis XIV’s first commissions in the area of sculpture. It introduces the theme of Apollo into the gardens.
The book presents the history of these sculptures, from the Tethys grotto to their recent restoration.
Recently viewed items